Teaching Phonics | Tongue Twisters
- Published on Thursday, 15 December 2011 14:51
Learn how to teach phonics with "Tongue Twisters"
Many student books for teaching phonics will have tongue twisters already in them. However, they can be easy to make on your own.
- Create 3 different tongue twisters using whatever phonics you are teaching them on that day.
- Write them on the board.
Here's an example. Let's say that we are teaching them the sound "SL". Create a tongue twister using those letters like, "Slade is sliding slowly on the slippery slope." Create two or so more different tongue twisters using different phonemes.
- After you have written them on the board, select a student.
- Say a phoneme or sound (not the letters).
- Have the student circle the words that contain those letters.